Friday, June 12, 2009

Some Untitled Meme...

(I know, two posts in one night? :O)

Rules:
-Post lyric snippets to ten songs (don't make them brutally obvious)
-FList, guess the song name and artist
-Once someone has guessed the song correctly, strike it through and put the person's name next to it.
-The person who just guessed the song now goes and posts ten songs on their blog.
-If you guess multiple songs, you only have to do this meme once.

I don't think I have ten regulars on my flist... so... CCGers, come try.

1) Every time we're intercepted
Feels more like suicide
Slow and sad, come in silence
Arise a bitter mind

2) I've been diggin' in the crates ever since I was livin' in space
Before the rat race, before monkeys had human traits
I mastered numerology, big bang theology
Performed lobotomies with telekinetic psychology

3) And I for one can seen no blood
From the hearts and wrists allegedly slit
And I for one won't stand for this
If this scene were a parish, you'd all be condemned
(I Constantly Thank God For Esteban, by Panic! At The Disco, courtesy of Rainbow)

4) And there's nothing in your head or pocket
Throat or wallet that could change just how this goes
And everyone shakes to the beat with a barrel down their throat

5) So this is it, so this is it
So this is the silence, so this is the silence we've began
It's never quite, it's never quite over
It's never quite over in the silence

6) Well, they all cheat at cards and the checkers are lost
My cellmate's a killer
They make me do push-ups in drag
But nobody cares if you're losing yourself
I am losing myself, and I miss my mom!
Will they give me the chair?
Lethal injection or swing from a rope if you dare?!
Ah, nobody knows all the trouble I've seen!

7) Well, look who's dying now
Slit wrists for sleeping with the girl next door
I always knew you were such a sucker for that
It doesn't matter what you say
It never mattered anyway
It never mattered anyway

8) I don't want to love you if love leaves me this cold
I don't want to love you if love is this alone

9) Smash it up, smash it up! I'm gonna kick you down
Be cool tonight, don't wanna start a fight
Smash it up, smash it up, tonight we kickin' it down
Aaaaah, one, two, three, go!

10) It never used to hurt before
It isn't funny anymore (It isn't funny anymore)
Feeling so alone now
Funny how you wish someday that you could die at the hospital

(little hint: no two songs here are by the same artist)

ETA: Just realized that you can't use strikethrough here... using red font instead.

7 comments:

  1. ......You have to make it so hard, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :P One of them should be easy, dear. :D Take a look at number 3. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's that Panic! At The Disco one. The one with the chorus that is: And the conductor is beckoning, Come congregation, let's sing it like you mean it, Don't you get it, don't you get it, now don't you move.
    Is it that one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!

    I'll give it to you just because not many people visit my blog. It's "I Constantly Thank God For Esteban." My second favorite Panic! song. :D

    Now go post ten songs. Shoo. xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have. So, nyah!

    Is one of them by 30 Seconds to Mars, or 3OH!3?

    ReplyDelete
  6. God....woman.....I hate you...
    Kanye West?
    Linkin Park?
    Evanescence?
    Nightwish?
    My Chemical Romance?
    Rage Against the Machine?
    Cobra Starship?

    There must be at least one...

    ReplyDelete